My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil water, rice, and salt in a 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan, uncovered and undisturbed, until steam holes appear and surface looks dry, about 8 minutes.
- 2Reduce heat to very low and cook, covered and undisturbed, 15 minutes more.
- 3While rice cooks, simmer lentils in water to cover by 2 inches 18 to 20 minutes, or until just tender, then drain.
- 4Stir together shallot, vinegar, and lemon juice and let stand.
- 5Finely grate zest from orange and cut away remaining peel and pith.
- 6Cut sections free from membranes and cut sections into 1/2-inch pieces. Toss warm rice with lentils, shallot mixture, orange, zest, cherries, oil, and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- 7Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Cherries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cherries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice and Lentil Salad With Orange and Dried Cherries
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: