Recipe by Sweets Princess
A fabulous dish I made one night. I am helping to take care of my grandmother and she has mentioned that she feels like she gets the same meals all the time so I decided to try something new. I reached for one of her old cookbooks (Pillsbury Kitchens' Cookbook, Copy. 1979) and found something to make with what I had available in the house, tweaking it a bit. The rice is divine with a tart but sweet flavor and the pork chops come out practically falling apart, I used boneless chops from the loin. I ommited the raisins and sherry but would welcome any feedback from those of you that decide to use them.
- 4 -6 pork chops, I used boneless loin chops
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked white rice or 3⁄4 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, i didn't use
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice, I only used 1 cup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry, if desired
- 2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease bottom of large skillet with small piece of pork fat.
- Brown chops and remove.
- Add remaining ingredients; arrange chops over top.
- Simmer covered over low heat, 30-40 minutes or until tender. if rice mixture becomes dry, add additional liquid; if too moist, remove cover for last 5-10 minutes of cooking.