Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
So easy and VERY delicious. It's a great recipe for left-over ham.
- 2 boxes uncle ben's long-grain rice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chopped broccoli
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed ham
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- parmesan cheese
- Cook rice according to package directions and put on the bottom of greased 9x13 baking dish.
- On top of rice, layer broccoli, ham, mushrooms and cheese.
- Mix remaining ingredients well and spread over top.
- Sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 45 minutes.
I made this tonight, using up some cauliflower & carrots as well as the broccoli. I had already thrown in some chopped onion, so omitted the onion powder. I also used some leftover short grain rice instead of the Uncle Ben's--just as it was on hand. Otherwise, I didn't change a thing!! It was VERY tasty--my picky 2-yr old twins ate about 3/4 cup each!!! I will be making this often!! Thank you!!!
This casserole was DELISH!! I was really uncertain at first, but it was unbelievably good! Very homey and amazing comfort food! My DH declared it 5 stars and called it "love in your mouth" casserole! The only changes I made was to use Cream of Mushroom soup and cooked 1 1/2 cups white rice instead of the Uncle Ben's. I think the curry put it over the top! THANK YOU a million times from my DH (and me)!
I thought this was very good and a great way to use ham leftovers. I used white minute rice instead of long grain and cream of mushroom soup instead of celery as I had no celery soup. I would recommend this recipe and would make it again! Thanks!