Recipe by Terese
This makes a lovely lunch or light dinner served with salad. The vegetarians will love it.
Top Review by Sackville
Wow, what a great recipe! You're definitely right about vegetarians loving it and I think meat eaters would enjoy it as well. The lemon and mint add a nice flavour that I wouldn't have normally included in stuffed peppers. They were super easy to make as well and very colourful. Many, many thanks for this recipe. It's a keeper!
- 2 large red capsicums
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150 g medium-grain white rice
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 250 ml water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 300 g spinach, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon dried currant
- 50 g feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to hot.
- Halve and seed capsicums; place in large baking dish.
- Roast uncovered, in hot oven, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in medium saucepan, cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens.
- Add rice, stock, the water and juice, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes or until rice is just tender.
- Add spinach, mint, nuts and currants, stir until well combined.
- Spoon rice mixture into capsicum halves, sprinkle tops with cheese.
- Roast, uncovered, in hot oven, about 15 minutes or until feta browns lightly.