Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great Xmas meal for veggies. Serve with carrots or broccoli
- 175 risotto rice
- 900 ml hot vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 courgette, diced
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 375 g ready made puff pastry
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Heat oen to 220°C.
- Put rice in a pan with the stock and simmer for 15 mins until rice is tender. drain and set aside.
- Heat oil and cook fennel and garlic for 10 mins until tender. Add pepper and courgettes and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Mix together the rice, courgette mix, zest, parsley, parmesan, egg, pine nuts and seasoning (if desired).
- Roll pastry into a 12 inch square and keep any trimmings.
- Cut in half and place half the pastry on a greased baking tray.
- Place on the filling on the base leaving an inch gap around the edge. Top with a layer of tomatoes.
- Run a lattice cutter over the remaining half of the pastry leaving and inch border.
- Lift the lattice onto the filling and gently strech until the two pastry borders.
- Use the trimmings to make star shapes to decorate.
- Bake on the top shelf for 20 mins until golden.
- rest for 10 mins before serving.
- Once cold this can be wrapped in foil and frozen for upto 1 month.