Recipe by Rita~
This side is sweet and spicy. Add more or less chipotle preppers to taste.
Top Review by marym758
We enjoyed this recipe. I had to adjust it some due to not having all the ingredients called for. I did not have chicken broth/stock so I used bouillon. Only had the boil in bag rice. I did have all the veggies including home made chipotle. I put the bouillon in the water with the bagged rice and microwaved 8 minutes and sauted the veggies while the rice was cooking. I emptied the rice into the skillet and just guessed at the amount of liquid to add back in, maybe a cup and a half. Simmered the water down and it was ready.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup diced red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 chipotle chiles, seeded and diced
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock or 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 scallion, sliced thin garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large pan.
- Saute onions, peppers, and garlic in butter.
- Add rice stir to coat with the butter.
- Add corn, chipotles, and stock bring to a boil add cream (Liquid should cover all ingredients) and reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20 minute till rice is tender.
- Add more liquid if necessary.
- Plate and garnish with scallions.