Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From 365 Easy Mexican Recipes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 1 cup corn
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- In a medium casserole, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until beginning to brown, 3 minutes.
- Add rice and stir until coated with oil. Add 3 3/4 cups water and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low, and cook 18 minutes. Or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 375. Remove rice from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in corn, cumin, butter, sour cream, salt and pepper. Top with shredded cheese.
- Place casserole in oven and bake, covered, until rice is heated through and cheese is melted. 10 mintues.