Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
So pretty, so fresh tasting, so good for you!
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups cooked rice, hot
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 8 ounces snow peas or 8 ounces sugar snap peas
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Whisk sugar, salt and lime juice until dissolved. Set aside.
- Stir raisins into hot rice. Set aside, keeping warm.
- Heat oil in a wide skillet. Sauté carrot, onion and red pepper until tender, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle ginger over and add peas, stirring until bright green. Stir in beans and remove from heat.
- Add raisin and rice mixture and lime juice to hot vegetables and mix well. Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with cilantro. Serve warm.
I just loved the lime dressing on the rice! It really gave the rice a fresh and zingy taste! I made as directed, but used a few more snow peas than called for. Delicious! Made for the Pick a Chef event in the contests forum.