Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
ZWT III. Simply Pasta and Italian
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 3⁄4 cup arborio rice, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 2⁄3 cups hot vegetable stock
- 2 3⁄4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- oil, for deep-frying
- Heat the oil in a skillet and cook the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes or until just soft.
- Add the bell pepper, rice and oregano to the skillet, cook for 2-3 minutes stirring to coat the rice in the oil.
- Mix the vegetable stock and the wine and add to the pan a ladleful at a time, each time stirring and waiting for the liquid to absorbed by the rice.
- Once all of the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender remove the skillet from the heat and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Cut the cheese into 12 pieces and shape about 1 tbs of the risotto mixture around the cheese to make 12 balls.
- heat the oil and cook the risotto balls in batches of 4 for about 2 minutes or until golden.
- Remove the balls with a draining spoon and drain on a paper towel.