Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A different kind of side dish.
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice (white or brown)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion (white and green parts)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray a 13" x 9" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook rice according package directions. Mix hot, cooked rice, cheese, carrots, onions, eggs and milk together and pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.