Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I usually add ukranian sausage to this, but it also works well with leftover chicken or any type of sausage. It's also good without any meat as a vegetarian dish or as a side.
- 1 (18 ounce) can black beans
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped fine
- 3 assorted bell peppers, chopped with seeds removed (green, yellow, orange)
- olive oil, to saute
- 1 garlic sausage (optional)
- Cook rice according to package directions, substituting broth for water.
- Saute garlic, onion and pepper in oil. Add sliced sausage if using.
- Add beans and liquid to rice and heat through over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Serve pepper mixture over rice and beans.