Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad goes well with Chili-Basted Barbequed Chicken, any barbequed meat or Mexican main dish such as enchiladas, tacos or fajitas. The recipe is from an August 1989 issue of Bon Appetit in the "Cooking for Friends" section that featured a menu for a Pool Party.
- 2 cups cooked rice, room temperature (about 1 cup uncooked rice)
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, minced
- 4 green onions, minced
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup peanut oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- lettuce leaf
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 papaya, peeled, seeded and sliced
- Combine first 6 ingredients in large bowl.
- Whisk together oil and lime juice in small bowl; pour over rice mixture and toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- Line large bowl with lettuce; mound salad in bowl.
- Garnish with sliced avocado and papaya and serve.