Leslie in Texas's Note:
This salad goes well with Chili-Basted Barbequed Chicken, any barbequed meat or Mexican main dish such as enchiladas, tacos or fajitas. The recipe is from an August 1989 issue of Bon Appetit in the "Cooking for Friends" section that featured a menu for a Pool Party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked rice, room temperature (about 1 cup uncooked rice)
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, minced
- 4 green onions, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup peanut oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- lettuce leaf
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 papaya, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1Combine first 6 ingredients in large bowl.
- 2Whisk together oil and lime juice in small bowl; pour over rice mixture and toss to coat.
- 3Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4(Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- 5Line large bowl with lettuce; mound salad in bowl.
- 6Garnish with sliced avocado and papaya and serve.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice and Black Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.3
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.2 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 10.4 g