Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was one of my favorite meals my Mom made. It is also a recipe I made and won second place at a Scouting Camporee in a cooking contest. So, I guess you can say this is an award winning recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning (optional)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- Mix ground beef, uncooked rice, onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning if using. Form ground beef into small balls.
- Add oil into pan and heat; add balls and brown lightly.
- Add tomato sauce and water.
- Cover and simmer 45 to 50 minutes, or until rice is tender.