Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe on About.com under Southern US Cuisine. I use 2% milk Mild Cheddar Cheese.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded, 2% milk
- Cook beef, onion, and bell pepper in large skillet over medium heat.
- Drain excess fat.
- Stir in tomatoes, rice, chili sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over hash.
- Recover and cook until cheese is melted.