Recipe by Val's Home
This is a favorite in our family. It's super easy to make. It's healthy. AND it travels well when you have to fit a meal into a night of sports or other kids' activities. We wrap these in foil, individually. Warm in the oven at 300F, then put into a small cooler (no ice, of course) to keep hot until ready to eat. Stow along a bag of tortillia chips too!!!
Top Review by mama smurf
What a great lunch. I cut the recipe in half and used recipe#426147#426147 for the Pace salsa and otherwise followed the instructions. I think next time I might put some green onions on top before rolling (I love onions) but this will be a repeat in our house. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 12 ounces Pace Picante Sauce
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 -10 flour tortillas, burrito size
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice. Bring 2 cups water and 1 cup rice to boil on stove top in a 2 quart sauce pan. Allow to boil 5 minutes. Reduce heat to simmer. Cover and simmer till all liquid is absorbed. Check on it after 30 minutes of cooking. If water is not yet absorbed, continue to cook. Check every 10 minutes to see progress until all water is absorbed.
- Combine picante sauce and black beans with with cooked rice.
- Spoon 1/3 Cup of the rice mixture into the center of a flour tortillia.
- Top with about 3 Tbs. shredded cheese.
- Wrap burrito-style.
- Wrap in foil.
- Repeat until all of the rice and beans mixture is used.
- Place wraps in a 300F oven to keep warm until time to serve.
- Serve with warm tortillia chips.