1/2 Photos of Rice and Beans Wraps
Val's Home's Note:
This is a favorite in our family. It's super easy to make. It's healthy. AND it travels well when you have to fit a meal into a night of sports or other kids' activities. We wrap these in foil, individually. Warm in the oven at 300F, then put into a small cooler (no ice, of course) to keep hot until ready to eat. Stow along a bag of tortillia chips too!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook rice. Bring 2 cups water and 1 cup rice to boil on stove top in a 2 quart sauce pan. Allow to boil 5 minutes. Reduce heat to simmer. Cover and simmer till all liquid is absorbed. Check on it after 30 minutes of cooking. If water is not yet absorbed, continue to cook. Check every 10 minutes to see progress until all water is absorbed.
- 2Combine picante sauce and black beans with with cooked rice.
- 3Spoon 1/3 Cup of the rice mixture into the center of a flour tortillia.
- 4Top with about 3 Tbs. shredded cheese.
- 5Wrap burrito-style.
- 6Wrap in foil.
- 7Repeat until all of the rice and beans mixture is used.
- 8Place wraps in a 300F oven to keep warm until time to serve.
- 9Serve with warm tortillia chips.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice and Beans Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (1772 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.1
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 29.6 mg
- Sodium 625.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 15.4 g