Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from Better Homes and Garden 30-Minute Dinners. Instead of the pouch of wild rice and regular rice, you can use 1.5 to 2 cups of cooked rice. I used brown boil-in-the-bag rice, and it came out great. This would be good topped with sour cream and/or avocados as well as the listed cherry tomatoes. Without the optional toppings, however, this is a pleasantly mild, soothing dish.
- 29.58 ml oil
- 473.18 ml sliced zucchini (cut in half lengthwise first if large)
- 9 oz.pouch cooked long grain and wild rice blend
- 425.24 g beans (red, kidney, navy or chickpeas)
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 59.14 ml milk (or half-and-half)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 236.59 ml shredded cheese (monterey jack, cheddar, or swiss)
- cherry tomatoes (optional)
- flat leaf parsley (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini in single layer; cook just until crisp-tender.
- Microwave rice according to package directions. Add beans and rice to zucchini; stir gently.
- Combine egg, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over skillet mixture. Cook over medium heat, lifting edges to let raw egg run to the edges. When egg mixture is set, top with cheese. If desired, top with cherry tomatoes and parsley.