Recipe by andypandy
I have been making this for many years, and I find it very nice with pork chops and chicken, and a tossed salad...
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup pearl barley, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 chopped spring green onions
- 1 (10 ounce) can consomme
- 10 ounces water
- 5 ounces canned mushrooms, with juice (1/2 tin of mushrooms with juice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the rice and barley in the butter in a sauce pot.
- Add chopped green onion and all other ingredients.
- Cook on stove top covered for 30 minutes, until done.
- Or can be cooked covered in a 350 degree oven for an hour.
- Cook until all liquid is absorbed.
- Toss and serve.
- This recipe can be doubled.