Recipe by Malriah
Interesting combination of brown rice and artichoke hearts. Recipe borrowed from The Cheshire Cat in Santa Barbara, CA.
Top Review by Miss Annie
Nice dish, Kari! We really enjoyed this interesting and tasty dish. When I made it, I made it early in the day and kept it in the refrigerator until dinner time. It worked out well, and I always consider it a plus it you can make it ahead. The flavors were very good together. It will definately be used again. Thanks for posting such a tasty dish.
- 1⁄2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, chilled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together artichoke hearts, rice and cheese and pour into a greased baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and mustard and pour over rice mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with paprika, salt and pepper.
- (At this point, you could refrigerate over-night).
- Bake for 50 minutes in a 350 degree oven.