Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nice and easy, and of course tastes good. Originally found on mealsforyou.com. Update 07/07/2008 - when I prepared this some time ago - I made some changes: increased the amount of onions, added crushed red pepper flakes, added a minced garlic clove. Then I sauteed it with cooking spray and then I combined the broth etc.Also have used Sazon Goya in the recipe.
- 1 1⁄3 cups low sodium chicken broth or 1 1⁄3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons minced onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 2⁄3 cup long grain rice
- 3 teaspoons unsalted butter or 3 teaspoons unsalted margarine
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Combine chicken broth or vegetable broth, parsley flakes, minced onion and oregano leaves in a heavy non-reactive saucepan over high heat.
- Bring to a boil and stir in rice and butter.
- Cover pan and reduce heat to medium low; cook 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork and gently toss in toasted almonds and serve with chicken, pork or fish with a green vegetable.
- For Vegetarian meals do not use chicken broth use vegetable broth and margarine instead of butter.
I'm giving this a four because it was good. Wasn't exactly what I was looking for but it's a good start. Will make again