Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Stove top casserole with rice-a-roni, ground turkey and frozen peas. Quick, easy, inexpensive and yummy. Kids love it and there are never any leftovers. I came up with this when I bought my first ground turkey and then had to decide what to do with it.
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) box chicken rice-a-roni
- 1 teaspoon chicken soup base
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen peas
- Brown turkey in large skillet. Remove from skillet and place in a serving bowl.
- Make chicken rice-a-roni per instructions on box and add 1 tsp chicken soup base.
- During the last 5 minute of cooking time for rice-a-roni add the cooked ground turkey and the frozen peas. Stir and replace lid to skillet. When time is up for the rice-a-roni casserole is done.
Nice simple casserole - great with little kids. So easy to make - would be great for potlucks. I didn't have any chicken soup base, so I just ommited it. That might have given it a little more flavor.