Recipe by Koechin (Chef)
This is a delicious salad, that can be served warm or cold. It would be great for a luncheon, but also great as a supper/dinner meal. I adapted it from a Paula Deen TV Show.
Top Review by FoodFromSicily
This is so delish! I'm having this for a dinner get together with a friend tomorrow, and all I can say is I'm having a hard time staying away from it. I have to admit that I was doubtful untill I tasted it. Now I'm addicted. I used fresh shrimp and tossed in a little extra lemon. I can't wait for my friend to try this. I know she's gonna love it too.
- 7 ounces chicken rice-a-roni
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichokes, quarterd and marinade reserved
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 12 large olives, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced including green parts
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise, like Hellmanns
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb small shrimp, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare RICE-A-RONI as box directs.
- Remoce from heat and place in a large bowl to cool off. Lift with a large spoon a few times to help speed up the cooling process.
- Get all your vegetables prepared.
- Make the dressing by combining the Mayo with the marinade, lemon juice, curry powder, pepper.
- Add everything to the bowl. Pour over the dressing last, and combine well.
- Serve right away. or refrigerate and serve at another time. This is a wonderful lunch treat or a supper worthy of company! :-).
- (I used frozen salad shrimp from SAM'S Club).