Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great dish to serve when it's too hot to cook and you want a main dish salad for dinner. You can add shrimp or chopped crab or lobster instead of the chicken. I sometimes add a green or red pepper to the mix.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) package chicken rice-a-roni
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- Prepare Rice A Roni as directed on package and chill.
- To the cooked Rice A Roni add the green onions, water chestnuts, celery, chicken, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well, chill and serve.
I love this recipe - sometimes I exchange the chicken for shrimp.
I too added the bell peppers, 1/2 tsp curry and used 1/2 cup mayo. I also added some sliced black olives and served it on a bed of raw chopped spinach and romaine. It is ....stupid good.
Made this as written. What a great addition to any BBQ! Thanks for posting!