Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I cut this recipe out of a magazine but I can't remmeber which one. We love rice-a-roni and all the other ingredients. I added mild diced green chilies and thats the only change I made. It is a great recipe with or without the green chilies.
- 3 cups sliced zucchini
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package herb & butter Rice-A-Roni
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (3 ounce) candiced mild green chilies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large skillet over medium high heat saute' zucchini in 1 tbsp margarine or butter for 3 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, prepare the rice-a-roni according to pkg. directions using remaining 2 tbsp margarine.
- In large bowl comgine rice mixture, zucchini, cheeses, eggs and pepper.
- Spoon into lightly greased 2 quart casserole pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
I made this for brunch today and all I can say is YUM-MO!!!!!! I too added NM green chile but I also added a tablespoon of fresh, minced garlic and a small chopped onion. I know what I am having for breakfast tomorrow since I hid a piece!!!!!!! Thanks, oodles!!!!!!!!!!!!!