1/1 Photo of Riccioli Con Melanzana E Mozzarella
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Taken from here = http://italianfood.about.com/od/pastabasics/ig/The-Pasta-Shapes-Gallery/Riccioli--Pasta-curls-.htm Cooking times are estimates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g macaroni (riccioli amalfitani or similar pasta)
- 3 medium sized eggplants
- 4 plum tomatoes, blanched, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 100 g mozzarella cheese, diced (ideally buffalo, but cow's milk will work)
- 10 basil leaves, shredded
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- abundant freshly grated parmigiano (at least a half cup)
- salt and pepper
- 1Peel and sliced the eggplant; salt the slices and put them in a colander in the sink for an hour, while the salt draws out their bitter juices.
- 2Rinse them, pat them dry, and dice them finely.
- 3Heat the olive oil in a large deep skillet and sauté the onion until it has become golden and translucent.
- 4Add the eggplant and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- 5Add the tomatoes and the basil, check seasoning, and cook the sauce for 15 minutes.
- 6While preparing the sauce you should also heat the pasta water, salt it, and cook the pasta; by this point the pasta should be about done.
- 7Drain it, and turn it into a bowl with the mozzarella and freshly grated Parmigiano.
- 8Serve at once, with more Parmigiano for those who want it.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Riccioli Con Melanzana E Mozzarella
Serving Size: 1 (614 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.4
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 19.7 mg
- Sodium 173.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.5 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 20.4 g