Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
WOW! These are soooo good and they look so fancy! A bit more work than traditional potato recipes but they look amazing! The original recipe called for 1/2 cup melted butter - but I used about 1/4 cup.
- 2 large new potatoes, with skins
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 24 fresh basil leaves or 24 fresh sage leaves or 24 flat leaf parsley
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 450°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and butter the paper.
- Using a madoline, cut the potatoes into thin, nearly transludent slices; you should get about 24 slices from each potato. Avoid making the slices too thin, or they will shrink and break during cooking.
- Lay half the slices on the baking sheet. Brush with butter. Place 1 herb leaf in the centre of each slice and cover with another slice. Brush with butter. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 6 to 7 minutes. Turn and bake for another 6 or 7 minutes or until the potatoes are a light golden colour.
We loved these! I was looking for something interesting to do with potatoes and this worked brilliantly. I absolutely love basil so used fresh basil leaves and the flavour was lovely. Next time I would mix some garlic powder in with the melted butter to give a broader range of flavours. Thanks for a keeper! Made for 123 Hit Wonders.
These were pretty easy to put together for me. I used fresh basil. Before I put the fresh basil and potatoes together, I drizzled some olive oil on all the slices and sprinkled with salt, pepper, and some dried basil for lots of extra flavor. I had chicken in the oven at 400, so I did these at 400 for 30 minutes and they were semi crispy which was exactly perfect for us. Can't wait to try with cilantro!
Loved it.. as you said, a bit more work involved but I guess it's worth it! My soon-to-be-2 year old DD was munching away as well which is a good sign since she's a fussy eater! Thank you. Will be making a lot more of these from now on..