Recipe by Redsie
WOW! These are soooo good and they look so fancy! A bit more work than traditional potato recipes but they look amazing! The original recipe called for 1/2 cup melted butter - but I used about 1/4 cup.
Top Review by Shuzbud
We loved these! I was looking for something interesting to do with potatoes and this worked brilliantly. I absolutely love basil so used fresh basil leaves and the flavour was lovely. Next time I would mix some garlic powder in with the melted butter to give a broader range of flavours. Thanks for a keeper! Made for 123 Hit Wonders.
- 2 large new potatoes, with skins
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 24 fresh basil leaves or 24 fresh sage leaves or 24 flat leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 450°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and butter the paper.
- Using a madoline, cut the potatoes into thin, nearly transludent slices; you should get about 24 slices from each potato. Avoid making the slices too thin, or they will shrink and break during cooking.
- Lay half the slices on the baking sheet. Brush with butter. Place 1 herb leaf in the centre of each slice and cover with another slice. Brush with butter. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 6 to 7 minutes. Turn and bake for another 6 or 7 minutes or until the potatoes are a light golden colour.