A recipe from Canada's Ricardo in his cookbook "Ricardo Meals for every occassion" that I received from Katzen my cookbook swap partner. He suggests serving them with Honey-Orange buuter (recipe also posted). A beautiful cookbook. These scones look delicious
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (625mls)
- 1/2 cup sugar (125 mls)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cubes (125grams)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (180mls)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F / 200°C . Oven rack in middle position.
- 2Line a cookie sheet with parchment or baking paper.
- 3Using a food processor- combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the butter and pulse until all of the butter pieces are pea sized. Add the buttermilk and pulse just long enough to moisten the flour.
- 4Transfer the scone mixture to a bowl and fold in the cranberries. Do not overmix.
- 5On a floured surface, flatten the dough with your hands or roll out to about 3/4 inch (2cm) thick. Using a 2 inch (5cm) cookie cutter, cut the dough into rounds.
- 6Arrange the scones on the baking sheet, leaving space between each one.
- 7Glaze- brush the scones with buttermilk and sprinkle with sugar.
- 8Bake until golden brown, 15 - 20 minuts. Let cool on a rack until ready to serve.
- 9You can freeze the scones.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ricardos Cranberry Scones
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.0
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 25.2 mg
- Sodium 213.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 4.0 g