Recipe by Karen From Colorado
Cooking the ribs in foil assures that your meat will be well cooked without the flare-ups that causes burning so easily when grilling fatty meats like ribs. Be careful when removing the meat from the foil. Often there will be a puddle of melted fat in the foil that can cause serious burns if you spill it on yourself. Take your time and use caution.
Top Review by JanieTeachGal
I am making these ribs for my mom for Mother's Day (tomorrow). We are using pork ribs (not baby backs), and I used Alton Brown's rib rub to begin tenderizing the ribs. I'm cooking them in the crock pot on low tonight to cook out the fat so that I can brown them in the oven tomorrow and glaze them with the sauce. I just finished making the sauce, and it is awesome! I doubled the amount. I had to use Polaner black cherry spread (as Wal-Mart didn't have cherry preserves here). I used Sweet Baby Ray's as the bbq sauce. I think I've found my new go-to bbq sauce with this recipe! Thanks, Karen from Colorado!
- 6 lbs pork baby back ribs
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can cherry cola
- 1⁄4 cup cherry preserves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 -2 teaspoon bottled hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix barbeque sauce, cola, preserves, mustard and hot sauce in a 2 quart saucepan.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium low and simmer covered for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Mix together the seasoned salt, pepper, garlic powder and ginger in a small bowl.
- Rub the spice mix into the ribs.
- Wrap ribs in heavy duty foil; grill over direct heat, turning occasionally for 30 minutes.
- Carefully open the foil and remove the ribs to the hot grill rack.
- Glaze the ribs with the sauce and continue cooking until done, watching carefully so that the ribs do not burn and turning to glaze both sides.
- Heat remaining sauce to a boil; boil and stir one minute.
- Serve sauce with ribs.