Recipe by Jill22 #2
Pork Ribs with BBQ sauce, veggies that literally fall off the bone, made in an oven cooking bag :) I comprised this recipe, experimenting. Usually to get moist, tender ribs you have to marinate and /or boil first time consuming. A messy clean up too! My recipe is simple, easy, and very little clean up.
- 5 lbs pork ribs
- 18 ounces barbecue sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves or 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons pancake syrup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 chopped tomatoes, may use canned
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, may add more
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry ribs well.
- Place in a turkey or large oven cooking bag.
- Place ribs in roasting pan or large baking dish.
- In a large bowl mix BBQ sauce ,hot sauce, onions, garlic, peppers, tomatoes, tomato paste, honey or pancake syrup, and mustard.
- Mix with a whisk,until well combined .
- Pour over ribs ,covering well.
- Puncture oven cooking bag with six holes on top. Allows to expand without exploding.
- Place in a pre-heated 350°F oven for 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven left stand for at least 10 minutes.
- Cut bag open carefully,be careful steam can burn.
- If you would like to thicken sauce pour into a saucepan and simmer on medium heat until thickened.