Recipe by Derf
Luscious, sumptuous, fall off the bone,wonderful RIBS!!!
Top Review by bratty
these were wonderful. i love the flavors! i followed the ingredient and marinating instructions, but i wrapped them in foil and cooked them in the oven for 4 hours on 200 degrees. then i took them out of the foil and finished cooking them on the grill. they were very tender. really good recipe.
- 4 -5 lbs lean pork spareribs
- 1⁄4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup bottled chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup liquid honey
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons smashed fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut ribs into easy to handle pieces and trim off extra fat.
- Place in a shallow glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Combine all other ingredients and pour over ribs.
- Turn ribs until all sides are coated, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Turn several times during the marinating period to fully coat all sides of ribs.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Turn ribs in sauce one more time and place, uncovered, in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Every half hour or so, turn ribs over so that all sides are fully coated.
- Cook ribs until nearly all the sauce is gone.
- The ribs will look quite dark.
- Do not make the mistake of thinking they are overcooked.
- They are supposed to look like that!