Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Dr. Atkins Quick & Easy New Diet Cookbook. Phases 1-4. Per Serving: 5 grams carbs, 0 fiber, 5 net carbs, 48.5 grams protein, 39 grams fat, 612 cal
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 boneless rib eye steaks, 1 lb each, about 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, large, minced
- 1⁄3 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth, reduced sodium
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- Note: If you have access to fresh herbs, add some chopped tarragon or rosemary to the sauce (optional).
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in large heavy skillet over med-high heat, until hot, but not smoking.
- Lower heat to med, add one steak and cook for 6 min each side for medium.
- Remove the steak from skillet and keep warm. Repeat with remaining 2 tbsp oil and second steak.
- Add butter to skillet and heat until the foam subsides.
- Add garlic and shallots, cook, stirring for about 5 min, until shallots are transparent.
- Add the wine, broth, pepper, and salt, and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Lower the heat and simmer for 3 minute.
- Slice steaks into thin strips and top with the wine sauce.
- Serve immediately.