From Dr. Atkins Quick & Easy New Diet Cookbook. Phases 1-4. Per Serving: 5 grams carbs, 0 fiber, 5 net carbs, 48.5 grams protein, 39 grams fat, 612 cal
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 boneless rib eye steaks, 1 lb each, about 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, large, minced
- 1/3 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup beef broth, reduced sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1Note: If you have access to fresh herbs, add some chopped tarragon or rosemary to the sauce (optional).
- 2Heat 2 tbsp oil in large heavy skillet over med-high heat, until hot, but not smoking.
- 3Lower heat to med, add one steak and cook for 6 min each side for medium.
- 4Remove the steak from skillet and keep warm. Repeat with remaining 2 tbsp oil and second steak.
- 5Add butter to skillet and heat until the foam subsides.
- 6Add garlic and shallots, cook, stirring for about 5 min, until shallots are transparent.
- 7Add the wine, broth, pepper, and salt, and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Lower the heat and simmer for 3 minute.
- 8Slice steaks into thin strips and top with the wine sauce.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ribeye Steak With Red Wine Sauce - Atkins - 5 Net Carbs
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.1
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 167.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rib eye steaks