Recipe by English_Rose
For a stylish sandwich lunch, try these luxurious stacks of rye bread, egg mayonnaise, chive-speckled cream cheese and gravlax.
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 ounces butter, softened
- 12 slices rye bread
- 4 ounces gravlax, slices
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the eggs for 8-10 minutes, until hard-boiled; cool and peel.
- Place the eggs in a bowl and mash with the mustard and mayonnaise.
- Season to taste and stir in the parsley; set aside.
- Mix the cream cheese with the chives and a good grinding of black pepper.
- Butter the bread.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture between 2 slices of the buttered bread and top with another 2 slices of bread, to make sandwiches.
- Cover another 2 slices of bread with the slices of gravlax make into sandwiches with another 2 slices of bread.
- Top a further 2 slices of bread with the egg mixture and cover the remaining slices of bread.
- Make 2 stacks. Lay a gravlax sandwich on the base of each stack. Top each with an egg sandwiches and finally, a cream cheese sandwich.
- Cut each stack in half and secure with cocktail sticks. Arrange on plates and serve.