Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a beautiful stripped salad. Jello colors can be changed if using for bridal shower or to fit the season. Prep time does not include time for setting up of each layer.
- 4 (3 ounce) packages Jello gelatin (green, red, yellow, orange)
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 envelopes knox gelatin
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- Dissolve 1 pkg.
- of green jello in 1 cup boiling water.
- Add 1/2 cup cold water.
- Pour into 13x9x2" pan (I use a glass pan) and refrigerate until set.
- In separate bowls, prepare remaining jello colors, set aside.
- Do not refrigerate!
- Bring to boil 2 cups milk.
- Remove from stove, add sugar, sour cream and vanilla.
- Blend with mixer.
- Do not over beat.
- Dissolve Knox Gelatin in 1/2 cup cold water.
- Add to milk mixture.
- When green jello is set, slowly pour 1 1/2 cups of white mixture over it.
- Let refrigerate until set.
- Continue to alternate color and white layers.
- Allowing each layer to set before adding the next.
- If the white mixture begins to thicken, set in pan of warm water until ready to pour.
FESTIVE & IMPRESSIVE TO SEE!! Too bad there is no picture. My mom and then I for many years made this for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Alternate the colors with orange on top for Thanksgiving and red or green on top for Christmas. Pull back a little on the water for firmer layers and use measuring cup for exact thickness in layers. Cool jello and drizzle so as not to dig up existing layers in serving dish. It's really not difficult. I just takes common sense. I've even made it with 2 colors and 1 white layer in the middle. It is fun. Kids love all the pretty colors and it tastes yummy! This is definitely a do ahead recipe, not the day you need it. The glass dish really shows off the colored layers alternated with the creamy white layers. When I was 1st married I made this for our Thanksgiving feast every year and my sister-in-law was jealous as hell and "tried" to copy. She was too proud to ask for the recipe, nor did she want it. Make this jello, you'll be glad you did. The second time you make it, it gets easier and easier. It's been a while- I'll make it and take a picture. Thanks for submitting Kovie.
This is a great recipe. It's very colorful and festive. I also use a glass dish. Thanks Kovie for sharing.