Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Great salad for Christmas because of the colors. Found it years ago in a Family Circle Christmas book & have been making it at the holidays ever since.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages lime Jell-O gelatin
- 5 cups hot water
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, room temp
- 1 (28 ounce) can canned crushed pineapple, in juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cherry Jell-O
- Dissolve lime jello in 2 cups of hot water. Pour into 14x10x2" pan. A clear dish enables you to see the colors. Chill until partially set.
- Dissolve lemon jello in 1 cup hot water in top of a double boiler. Add marshmallows, stir to melt. Remove from heat. Add pineapple juice & cream cheese. Beat until blended & stir in pineapple. Cool. Fold in whipped cream & mayonnaise. Chill until thickened. Pour over lime jello. Chill until almost set.
- Dissolve cherry jello in last 2 cups of hot water. Add 2 cups of cold water & chill until partially set. Pour over pineapple layer. Chill until firm.