Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This recipe originally from a Taste of Home Magazine, but I made a few changes over the last few years. It is a wonderfully moist bread and little ones in the family can't figure out how "that white stuff got in the middle"!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 2⁄3 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- In a small bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, and flour together, add egg and orange zest, mix to blend and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix pumpkin, oil and eggs.
- Add sugar, flour, soda, salt, spices and nuts, if using, stir just till blended.
- Pour half this mixture into 2 greased and floured 7 1/2"x 3 1/2" loaf pans.
- Spread half the filling mixture over batter in each pan, add remaining batter to cover the filling layer.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours at 325 degrees, till loaves test done with pick.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans.