Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in the July/August 2008 Yankee Magazine. I'm not usually one for trying recipes out of magazines, but this recipe looked so good! I was not disappointed. This is a great change from traditional pasta dishes.
- In a large pasta pot, bring water to a boil. Add salt, potatoes, green beans, and cook until al dente -- tender but firm -- (about 2-4 minutes). (Do NOT over cook or the potatoes will get mushy later!).
- Add pasta. Stir well. Cook until pasta is al dente (about 8 minutes).
- Drain pasta and vegetables in colander, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Return pasta and vegetables to pot.
- In small bowl, combine pesto sauce with just enough reserved cooking water to create a smooth consistency. Then pour over pasta and vegetables and combine gently. Mix well over low heat.
- Transfer to platter or bowl, garnish with cheese, and serve immediately.