Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 cups gram flour
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot ghee
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons asafoetida powder
- 1 pinch baking soda
- oil (for deep frying)
- Sieve the gram flour, rice flour and baking soda.
- Mix well.
- Add salt, asafoetida, ghee and chilli powder followed by water.
- Mix well till it forms a thick dough.
- Heat oil.
- Put the dough in a mould which has got the design of a ribbon.
- Place the mould on top of the heated oil and squeeze it slowly.
- Drain and serve when the ribbon savouries become crisp and golden.