Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cans oyster stew (frozen or canned)
- 2 (7 ounce) cans oysters
- 1 (3 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups crackers, crushed
- 3 drops red pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat oyster stew very slowly until thawed in large heavy saucepan.
- Lift out oysters with slotted spoon; set aside. Drain liquid from canned oysters and mushrooms into stew in pot; heat just to boiling.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the crackers; heat, stirring constantly, 3 minutes, or until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat. Stir in red pepper seasoning, oysters and mushrooms; spoon into 6 cup shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Melt butter.
- Add 1/2 cup cracker crumbs; mix well.
- Spoon in diagonal rows over oyster mixture. Bake in hot 425 degrees oven for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
Mmmmmmmm.....this is so good. I had some leftover oyster stew so went on the hunt for another option for it. I found your recipe and gave it a try. Well, this is so good. We loved it. DS kept going for more and more. Thank you for the great recipe, we loved it.