Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
These sweet layers of marshmallow and butterscotch popcorn are held together by a chocolate center. They are great for kids’ parties, to take camping, etc. Prep time includes the chill time.
- 2 cups sweetened chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the chocolate and shorting in microwave or over a double boiler; mix well. Chill for 15 to 20 minutes until thickened.
- Meanwhile line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil. Grease the foil and set the pan aside.
- In heavy saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Stir in the marshmallow and butterscotch chips; stir until melted and smooth. Place the popcorn in a large bowl. Add the marshmallow mixture; toss until coated.
- Firmly press 1/2 the popcorn mixture into the 9-inch pan. Spread the chocolate mixture evenly over the popcorn. Press the remaining popcorn mixture over the chocolate. Let chill 30 minutes. Lift out of pan using foil edges; peel back the foil and cut into bars.