southern chef in louisiana's Note:
These sweet layers of marshmallow and butterscotch popcorn are held together by a chocolate center. They are great for kids’ parties, to take camping, etc. Prep time includes the chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the chocolate and shorting in microwave or over a double boiler; mix well. Chill for 15 to 20 minutes until thickened.
- 2Meanwhile line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil. Grease the foil and set the pan aside.
- 3In heavy saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Stir in the marshmallow and butterscotch chips; stir until melted and smooth. Place the popcorn in a large bowl. Add the marshmallow mixture; toss until coated.
- 4Firmly press 1/2 the popcorn mixture into the 9-inch pan. Spread the chocolate mixture evenly over the popcorn. Press the remaining popcorn mixture over the chocolate. Let chill 30 minutes. Lift out of pan using foil edges; peel back the foil and cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Kid-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ribbon-O-Fudge Popcorn Bars
Serving Size: 1 (771 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 936.7
- Calories from Fat 483
- Total Fat 53.7 g
- Saturated Fat 32.3 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 130.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 88.9 g
- Protein 8.1 g