Recipe by Bobtail
I have not tried this recipe, but looking at the ingredients, I know it has to be good. If I see a recipe that looks good, but I have not tried it, I will post it, but let you know that I have not made it. This would be a good holiday gift if you like to give homemade goodies to friends and neighbors. It is from a Kraft cook booklet.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and egg, mixing until well blended.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the oil, milk, eggs and lemon peel in a small bowl.
- Add the oil mixture to the dry ingredients, mixing until just moistened.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Pour 1 cup of the batter into a greased 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- On top of the batter, add the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover this with the remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Cool for 10 minutes and remove from pan.