Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have not tried this recipe, but looking at the ingredients, I know it has to be good. If I see a recipe that looks good, but I have not tried it, I will post it, but let you know that I have not made it. This would be a good holiday gift if you like to give homemade goodies to friends and neighbors. It is from a Kraft cook booklet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and egg, mixing until well blended.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the oil, milk, eggs and lemon peel in a small bowl.
- Add the oil mixture to the dry ingredients, mixing until just moistened.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Pour 1 cup of the batter into a greased 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- On top of the batter, add the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover this with the remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Cool for 10 minutes and remove from pan.
I have to agree, this was very good. Loved the subtle lemon taste along with the cream cheese layer. Will definitely make again.
Hey Bobtail! I made this in thanks for your review of my Yummy Crab Salad. I really enjoyed the cream cheese layer and made the bread as is, tho I used dark brown sugar. The nuts I used were macadamia but next time I think I would omit them. Im just not a nut person. Thanks for an easy bread!
Deeeelish !! This is really good!! The recipe is well written and easy to follow. When you cover the cream cheese layer with the remaining batter, it does not cover the cream cheese, it kind of sinks in. I used the zest of one lemon but added about 1/4 of it to the cream cheese mixture. I did not add the nuts as DH can not eat nuts. The bread is very moist. The lemon flavor is light. Each slice looks different. Very Good - This one is a keeper. Thank you Bobtail!