Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate pieces
- 3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- Combine 1 1/2 cups sugar, 6 tablespoons margarine and 1/3 cup milk in heavy saucepan.
- Bring to full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Continue boiling 4 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Remove from heat; stir in chocolate pieces until melted.
- Add 1 cup Marsh- mallow Creme and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Pour into greased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients, substituting peanut butter for chocolate pieces.
- Spread over chocolate layer.
- Cool at room temperature; cut into squares.
- Makes 3 pounds.