Approx 4 yrs ago when my grandson was born, my brother insisted I join a website called grandparents.com. The site recently announced the winner of its "Delicious Desserts Recipe Contest" & Donna B's *Ribbon Cookies* recipe won the judges favor. To quote the site intro: "These stunning little revelations outdid our expectations. When you put that 1st one in your mouth, the light, lemony cookie & the gooey raspberry preserves create a symphony of flavor." (24 servings assumes 3 cookies per serving) *Enjoy* !
My Private Note
6 dozen ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In a bowl, cream together butter & sugar till well-blended. Add egg yolk, vanilla, lemon extract & lemon rind. Mix well.
- 3In a 2nd bowl, combine flour & salt. Gradually add flour mixture to sugar-butter mixture & blend well.
- 4Shape dough into 3/4-in diameter ropes along the length of the baking sheets. W/your finger, press a long groove into the middle of ea rope, being careful not to press all the way down to the baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes.
- 5Remove cookies from the oven & spoon preserves (or jam) in a thin line down the centers of the grooves. Return to oven & bake 7-10 more minutes, till firm & light golden in color.
- 6Combine confectioners sugar & milk; drizzle sugar mixture over hot cookies. Immediately cut cookies at a 45 degree angle in 1-in lengths. Let cool on baking sheets & then transfer to cooling racks.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ribbon Cookies (By Donna B of Summerville of So. Carolina)
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.7
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 28.2 mg
- Sodium 82.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g