Recipe by twissis
Approx 4 yrs ago when my grandson was born, my brother insisted I join a website called grandparents.com. The site recently announced the winner of its "Delicious Desserts Recipe Contest" & Donna B's *Ribbon Cookies* recipe won the judges favor. To quote the site intro: "These stunning little revelations outdid our expectations. When you put that 1st one in your mouth, the light, lemony cookie & the gooey raspberry preserves create a symphony of flavor." (24 servings assumes 3 cookies per serving) *Enjoy* !
Top Review by Pearlgirl2
These cookies are amazing! My mom decided to try the recipe and gave me a plate of them when I came to visit. I couldn't stop eating them! The cookie itself is so light and delicious and the raspberry preserves are the perfect compliment! I immediately got on my laptop to get the recipe and bake some myself. I am going to try almond extract as a variation too!
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind (grated)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup raspberry preserves (or flavor of choice, may use jam)
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, cream together butter & sugar till well-blended. Add egg yolk, vanilla, lemon extract & lemon rind. Mix well.
- In a 2nd bowl, combine flour & salt. Gradually add flour mixture to sugar-butter mixture & blend well.
- Shape dough into 3/4-in diameter ropes along the length of the baking sheets. W/your finger, press a long groove into the middle of ea rope, being careful not to press all the way down to the baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven & spoon preserves (or jam) in a thin line down the centers of the grooves. Return to oven & bake 7-10 more minutes, till firm & light golden in color.
- Combine confectioners sugar & milk; drizzle sugar mixture over hot cookies. Immediately cut cookies at a 45 degree angle in 1-in lengths. Let cool on baking sheets & then transfer to cooling racks.