Recipe by PuglyDuckling
I occasionally treat my co-workers and this has become the most requested treat. Original recipe came from TOH Quick Cooking.
Top Review by Jadelabyrinth
Fabulously delicious! I found this in my TOH book Made From Mixes. I just had to see if it was already on the zaar. I followed the cake recipe exactly, but used my own icing recipe. The only additional thing I can say, is make sure you leave enough batter to cover the sugar mixture, I almost didn't have enough. For anyone considering making this, you should, you won't regret it!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl combine cake mix, sour cream, eggs and oil; beat well.
- Spread 1/2 of batter into greased 9X13 inch pan.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- Spread remaining batter over top.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until tests done.
- Combine icing ingredients and drizzle over warm cake.