Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
The hearty steak is well-seasoned with a robust marinade and served with a fresh mushroom sauce.
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) rib eye steaks
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place the steaks in a large resealable plastic bag; add half of the marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Broil steaks 4-6 inches from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, place the remaining marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the mushrooms. Serve over steaks.