Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These flavorful steaks are easy to prepare, yet make a fabulous impression. I have enjoyed them served with some nice cheesy polenta on the side. The preparation time noted does not include marinating time.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 rib eye steaks (about 3/4-inch thick)
- salt, to taste
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained, cut into strips
- Whisk oil, 1 T. vinegar, 2 t. garlic, rosemary, and pepper in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Add steaks; turn to coat. Let stand 1 hour.
- Heat heavy large skillet over high heat. Remove steaks from marinade; sprinkle with salt. Place in skillet; saute to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rate. Transfer to plates.
- Add peppers, 1-1/2 T. vinegar, and 1 t. garlic to skillet. Stir until heated through, about 1 minute. Spoon peppers and pan juices over steaks.
This was very nice, served with some baby taters fried with the meat. Thanks for a great meal.