Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
The Gorgonzola Butter adds a wonderful dimension to the steak.
- 1⁄4 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram, minced
- 4 rib eye steaks
- 2 large red peppers, cut into strips
- 2 large yellow peppers, cut into strips
- 2 large green peppers, cut into strips
- salt and pepper
- Gorgonzola Butter: In a small bowl, beat together Gorgonzola, butter and marjoram. Season with pepper.
- Combine oil, garlic and marjoram in zip lock plastic bag. Place steaks and peppers in marinade. Turn to coat. Let stand 2 hours at room temperature or overnight in fridge.
- Heat barbecue to medium high. Place steaks and peppers on grill. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill steaks 5 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Grill peppers until tender (10 minutes), turning occasionally.
- To serve: Top each steaks with a small pat of Gorgonzola Butter. Any remaining butter can be frozen for another time or used on steamed veggies.
Just a comment on the gorgonzala butter...this is really good with feta or bleu cheese as well (I don't use the marjoram, usually fresh basil). Any time I grill a steak, I mix this up as a condiment and it is always a hit...