1/1 Photo of Rib Eye Steaks With Fragrant Chile Rub and Salsa Butter
Adapted from "Mastering Grilling" by Andrew Schloss and David Joachim.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless rib-eye steaks (8 to 10 oz. each, 1-in. thick) or 4 New York strip steaks (8 to 10 oz. each, 1-in. thick)
- oil, for coating the grill grate
FRAGRANT CHILE RUB
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground dried ancho chile powder
- 1 -3 teaspoon ground dried chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Pat steaks dry with paper towels, then scatter the chile rub over the steaks, patting it in with your fingers to adhere. Let the meat rest at room temperature as you heat the grill.
- 2Oil a grill rack and arrange 4 to 5 inches from heat. Prepare grill for a hot fire or high temperature on a gas grill.
- 3Grill steaks until darkly crusted, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Reduce heat to medium low (on a gas grill) or move steaks to low-heat area (for a charcoal grill), cover and grill for another 3 to 4 minutes for medium-rare to medium (135 degrees to 140 degrees).
- 4Transfer to a platter, cover loosely with foil, and let rest for 5 to 8 minutes. Serve topped with generous dollops of Salsa Butter.
- 5To prepare the Fragrant Chile Rub: Combine all ingredients to blend.
- 6For the Salsa Butter: Bring the salsa to a boil in a small saucepan or skillet and cook until most of the liquid is gone. Remove from heat and whisk in the butter until the sauce is smooth. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rib Eye Steaks With Fragrant Chile Rub and Salsa Butter
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.5
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 4119.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless rib-eye steaks