Gremolata is a traditional Italian sauce made of chopped fresh parsley, garlic and lemon peel. It’s a pungent and lively addition to flavor grilled meats. Another recipe I found on Land O Lakes site that sounds delicious!! I am not a huge fan of dijon mustard, but I using it in smaller amounts and getting better with it!!
- 2 rib eye steaks, boneless (about 8 oz. each)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- fresh ground pepper
For the sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄4 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- Heat gas grill on medium-high or charcoal grill until coals are ash white.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper, as desired. Place steaks onto grill. Grill, turning occasionally, until steaks reach an internal temperature of 145°F (medium-rare) or desired doneness (8 to 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, combine all sauce ingredients in small bowl; mix well.
- To serve, cut each steak in half. Place onto serving plates; spoon sauce over each steak piece.
- Recipe Tip
- The sauce can be made up to 1 day ahead. Store, covered, in the refrigerator. At serving time, warm sauce slightly in microwave.
oh wow, the sauce is to die for!!! we LOVED this recipe! plus, it was a snap to put together. the only change i made was to use 1 lbs. filet mignon steak tips from omaha steaks that i seared off in my grill pan. so instead of us each having an individual steak, we had steak chunks. i served with homemade garlic mashed potatoes and roasted broccoli! fantastic! total keeper! made for 1-2-3 tag! (still unable to get into the community forums to post that i made recipe and reviewed :()
Delicious sauce with very bold flavors! I doubled the sauce amount because I had two very large sirloins. I broiled the steaks because I don't have a grill. We had this with sweetcorn, and instead of using butter for the corn, I rolled it in the extra sauce on my plate. It was delicious with the corn too. Thanks for posting! Made for 123 Hits.
Loved this recipe! The steak was perfect, cooked on the charcoal grill. The sauce was delicious, and took very little time. Loved it! Made for PAC Spring 2010.