Recipe by TheBeave
Wow! This will impress your meat eating friends at a dinner party.
Top Review by Cook4_6
Made for PAC Spring 2012.....Delicious! I used 2" top sirloin steaks instead of the rib-eye, and found the vinaigrette to be a little thin for my liking. Next time I would cook the balsamic vinegar down even further until more syrup-like then follow the recipe as published. Overall, quite impressive though!
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup minced shallot
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for steaks and grill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 4 rib eye steaks
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 4 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer vinegar in small pan over medium heat until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 6 minutes.
- Add shallots, 1/4 cup oil, and crushed red pepper; return to simmer.
- Remove from heat; whisk in parsley, capers, and thyme. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- Rub both sides of steaks with oil and garlic.
- Mix paprika, 2 teaspoons coarse salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper in small bowl.
- Sprinkle on both sides of steaks. Let stand at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush grill rack with oil to coat.
- Grill steaks until cooked to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer steaks to plates. Spoon vinaigrette over.