1/14 Photos of Rib-Eye Steaks That are Superb
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
I saw this recipe on the Food Network and tried to write it down as closely as I can recall. Very simple to make and quick. I therefore did some experimenting and came up with, I am sure, the same method for cooking the Rib-Eye Steaks. These are the best steaks that I have made and I have made many others. Tender, succulent and so tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove steaks from the refrigerator and let them sit for about 30 minutes to take the chill out of the meat.
- 2Now, coat both sides generously with coarse black pepper and granulated garlic powder.
- 3Heat an iron skillet or a heavy bottomed frying pan until very hot on high heat.
- 4For each steak, sprinkle onto the skillet, 3/4 teaspoon of coarse salt and allow salt to heat up for at least 1 minute.
- 5Place the steaks on the coarse salt and cook for 3 minutes; DO NOT DISTURB at all, DO NOT LOOK or even move the steaks.
- 6Turn the steaks over and cook for an additional 3 minutes; again DO NOT DISTURB at all.
- 7The cooking time of 6 minutes gives you a medium-rare steak; DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- 8If you desire to cook it to medium, then cook for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute per side.
- 9Remove steaks to a plate, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes, so that all juices are absorbed by the meat.
- 10Scrape off any excess coarse pepper and salt if desired and discard.
- 11I prefer to slice the steaks on an angle about 1/4 inch to 3/8 inch thickness.
- 12Serve with freshly processed horseradish.
- 13NOTE; Make sure that the heat is on HIGH at all times during cooking the steaks.
- 14Do not use ordinary table salt.
- 15Beef Tenderloin steaks are also real great cooked in this manner. If using a steak thicker than 1 inch, add 1 extra minute per side for medium-rare.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rib-Eye Steaks That are Superb
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 626.8
- Calories from Fat 451
- Total Fat 50.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 154.5 mg
- Sodium 2743.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 39.9 g